You want to go on vacation, but you’re worried about having to leave your furry friend behind. No neighbor or family member can be trusted to care for your pet, but you really can’t afford not to go on vacation. What can you do?
Believe it or not, many pet owners are often faced with this problem, which is why dog boarding kennels are highly sought after. They are a home away from home that give you the peace of mind you need in order to enjoy your travels. With that being said, there are a few pros and cons you should take into consideration before making your final choice.
The Pros Of Boarding Kennels
1. Trained staff and professionals are always around to keep an eye on your pet. If a medical emergency should arise, you can rest assured that your dog will get the right treatment. Additionally, if you dog is currently on any medications, staff can administer it on the advised schedule.
2. You can’t overlook that the safety of your pet is of utmost importance. There is no excuse for ever leaving your pet at home unattended, so a Mississauga dog boarding kennel offers you a peace of mind and knowledge that only professionals will be handling your dog.
3. Exercise is an integral part of making sure that your dog will live a long and healthy life. While you’re away, it’s of course impossible to play fetch with your pet or take a walk together. Dog boarding facilities are created with pet health and safety in mind, which is why you can safely assume your pet will get regular exercise.
4. Diet is just as important, if not more than exercise. Are there any special restrictions on your pet’s diet? If so, you can let boarding staff know about it ahead of time to make sure your dog has the best experience you can afford.
The Cons Of Dog Boarding
As with every great thing, it is important to point out that there are some cons. You will have to weigh them against the pros in order to determine whether this option is feasible for your dog or not.
1. Using a boarding kennel can actually add up in costs, which may or may not be surprising. Some places may charge upwards of 30 dollars or more per day.
2. There are going to be other animals at the kennel, maybe even cats. If your dog is not used to being in the presence of other animals, this may not be right option.
3. Since there are other dogs boarding at the kennel as well, there is a possibility that your dog may get sick if another dog was taken ill. To combat this, make sure your dog has all of the necessary shots.
For the most part, it can be said that boarding kennels are a great way to house your pet while you’re away, but it is really important to choose the right facility.